Hugh Heinsohn is an experienced manager with excellent sales, marketing and business development skills. He helps companies grow profitably, develop new market opportunities, sharpen their messaging, expand client relationships, and find new customers.
2007 – present
Provides consulting services to a number of clients, including:
- Panopticon Software (now owned by Datawatch Corporation). Advanced data visualization systems for financial services, telecoms, manufacturing, and consumer products firms. Clients are primarily large global companies, including JPMorgan Chase, Credit Suisse, Citi, Pfizer, Reliance, Intel, and Johnson & Johnson. Hugh manages marketing activities for Panopticon, including website, social media, events, press relations, and analyst relations.
- THX Ltd. World famous brand owner that licenses its trademarks and technology to major consumer electronics companies, automotive manufacturers and cinema facilities. Hugh worked on new brand development, messaging, pricing, trade show planning, and budgeting.
- Net Insight. SDH/SONET and IP network equipment for mission critical backbone and contribution network applications for large operators. Hugh completed several marketing projects for Net Insight, including messaging, branding and content development.
- Edgeware. Specialized servers for video applications in IPTV, cable and enterprise IT deployments. Hugh provided business development services to Edgeware.
- Investor Growth Capital. Venture capital arm of Investor AB that focuses on telecoms equipment, nanotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and medical devices. Hugh provided market research and analysis on acquisition targets.
- Creandum. Venture capital firm focused on technology companies. Hugh provided market research and analysis on acquisition targets.
- PriceGain. Pricing strategy and optimization services for large B2B and B2C companies, including HP, Electrolux, Carlsburg, and Shimano. Hugh provided branding, messaging, content development, and planning services.
Digital Vision AB
President of US Subsidiary
VP Marketing & Business Development
2004 – 2007
This was Hugh’s second experience with Digital Vision. The board invited him to return as part of a restructuring following a management shake-up. Digital Vision produces specialized image processing systems used in broadcast, movie studio and post-production facilities.
Managed operations and staff of wholly-owned US subsidiary company. Responsible for the company’s worldwide business development and marketing efforts. Managed company re-branding and integration of Nucoda product line into brand following acquisition of Nucoda Ltd. Cultivated sales opportunities and managed relationships with all key US customers, including Sony, Disney, Time-Warner, PBS, Technicolor, NBC Universal, Fox, and Viacom.
Xytech Systems Corporation
2000 – 2004
Xytech develops enterprise software used by Fortune 100 companies, movie studios, TV networks and other large media organizations use to manage media libraries, equipment inventories, union personnel, facilities and crew scheduling, billing, purchasing, and accounting. Major clients included Ford, Boeing, Georgia-Pacific, Sony, Time-Warner, Disney, and many others. Oversaw all operations and was directly responsible for sales and marketing efforts.
General Manager of US Subsidiary
1997 – 2000
Developer of specialized image processing systems used in broadcast and post-production applications.
Managed operations and staff of wholly-owned US subsidiary company. Responsible for US sales and sold systems to major media companies, including Sony, Disney, Fox, and Warner Bros. Developed and managed relationships OEM relationships with Motorola and Cisco.
Director of Export Sales
1992 – 1997
Directed all export activities for privately held broadcast equipment manufacturer. Set up and maintained worldwide dealer network. Trained dealers and customers on operations and benefits of products, organized appearances at more than 25 major trade shows and made personal presentations to over 100 key customer groups, including the BBC, NHK (Japan), ABC (Australia), WDR (Germany), Polskie Radio (Poland), TV Globo (Brazil) and RAI (Italy).
Mozaex (formerly Axonix)
VP International Sales
1991 – 1992
Identified, qualified and signed international dealer network and negotiated OEM relationships in UK, Germany and Australia for computer peripherals manufacturer.
Clear One (formerly Gentner Communications)
Director of Corporate Development
1988 – 1990
Developed and implemented marketing and business plans for specialist telecoms firm. Reorganized sales, marketing and customer support departments. Negotiated acquisition of Texar electronics firm. Assisted with SEC filings and planning for IPO on NASDAQ.
Consultant to Board of Directors
1987 – 1988
Evaluated competition, determined pricing strategy, identified marketing and manufacturing partners for Australian public company.
1980 – 1987
Managed marketing agency specializing in television, radio and print advertising for retail chains, hospitals, restaurants, and government agencies. Awards included ADDY, One Club for Copy and Art, Touchstone, and CLIO.
1978 – 1980
Produced news magazine segments and promotional programs.
Bachelor of Arts
Honors Division, College of Arts & Sciences
Individualized Major Program